Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Lost

My Longhorns lost to the Land thieves from north of the Red River.  Some say it was a worthy effort, better than expected.  However, it is still a loss, no such thing as a 'moral victory' when you play those yahoos.  They played much harder this time than previous times, which does give hope for the future.  But it was the freaking okies man.  It is even worse when I have to deal with looking at other Texans that were wanting the land thieves to win and their gloating.  They don't have the right to wear the name Texan in my book.  Subhuman mouth breathers.

The wife has been down with some sort of epizootie all last week and finally is starting to be close to human again.  So that killed any of the fun day trips I had hoped to take.  We were also low on groceries and scraped around to fix things that were palatable to her in her condition.  So Monday I headed into town to the local grocer.  Since I was by myself the trip was much shorter and cheaper.  I stick to a list, if it ain't on the list it doesn't get bought, usually.  That does mean we might do without something if it got forgotten to be added to the list.  But it gets me in and out and less wandering around looking for things.  The list is usually put together in order of the way we travel in the store.  I finally got the wife to see my logic in this method.  Why travel all the way across the store to go back and get something you just remembered or just placed randomly on the list.  It makes no sense to me, especially with the size of the stores we go to.  The one we go to most often had been the second largest in the State at one time.  It's TEXAS size big.  Even when it's crowded there is still a lot of room.

No plans for this week, waiting to see how the woman feels before we commit to anything.  Even missed a funeral for a dear friend on Monday.  Hopefully we will get up and out sometime this week.  As for where we might head, no idea at this point.  I was thinking maybe a trip down to the Fannin Battlefield State Park since I have never been.  But it is at least a 2 hour trip maybe more.  Not sure that will be an acceptable time frame.  

My little fur buddy, Buster, has really been struggling of late.  Sunday he fell/stumbled more than usual.  At one point he fell coming up the steps in back and just laid there on them for a bit and then struggled to get up.  We gave him a pain reliever but he never really perked up.  Today he is moving  a little better and seems happy.  I can't help thinking about what may be in our future and it makes me sad.  He has been much more clingy, to me, of late also.  Not a bad thing at all but I hate seeing him struggle to get up just to follow me into another room for just a few minutes and then repeat when I return to the other room.  It just kills me to see that, but he never whines or winces, just carries on.  Very stoic.  He has turned out to be a really good dog.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Hope she recovers quickly!