Monday, March 13, 2017

Spring Break

Spring Break started here this past Saturday, so Kim was back at work over at the resort.  She is there again today and will be every other day trying to ply her crafts with the kids.  She has only worked one day this year so this is an important time for her.  We are not sure she will be allowed to come back until the summer months.  She puts a lot of pressure on herself, so much so that she is considering an entirely new line of work.  This would require her to attend a two day school and obtain a license.  While the money would be great, I don't like the idea of her going back to work full time.  I have grown used to having her around, it's taken a while but I would miss her lol.  I won't mention what that is at this time since she is so undecided, she says she is about 65% leaning in that direction.  As we were talking it seems she is worried about how much our meds are costing us.  They aren't anymore than they have been, it's just the change over to the new insurance for prescriptions that most all were due at one time instead of spread out over several months.

The start of this week has been very cool and damp.  Seems to me this is pretty typical for Spring Break around these parts.  I'm sure it puts a damper on outside activities, especially those involving water sports.  I think it would be just too miserable to get wet in these weather conditions.  But I also know that enough alcohol may overcome some of that trepidation.  I would like to see what goes on down at Padre Island with this sort of weather.  No, no way I would go, good or bad weather.  Spring break here is usually spread out over two weeks.  This year every school is out at the same time.  I am sure this refers to colleges and universities.  No idea about the High Schools.  There always seems to be some difference there.

We still haven't met up with my parents as we had planned to do.  I have called a couple times to set a time and there seems to be too much going on with my Mom that she becomes somewhat distracted and we never get to the point I called for.  The latest was that my cousin, her sister's son got his results from his cancer treatment.  He has a melanoma in his eye.  She thought I called about that, and she was a little tense about it so I never mentioned why I really called.  She gets much more stressed than she did when she was younger so I try not to add any more to her burden.  Maybe this week but with Kim working so much it may wait even longer unless I go by myself.

I have a couple small leather projects I need to get done this week.  They are orders Kim received from a couple of her girlfriends.  I am having trouble remembering to do them, it's been over a week and I haven't even started them.  

I seem to be busier than I really am.  I am missing my Grandkids and I see no time in the very near future that that will change.  If Kim were to go back working full time no telling when we would get to see them.  I also need to finish up some yard work and plant the garden but the weather is messing up my plans.  

Retirement is great, don't get me wrong, but it has it's challenges.

Happy Trails

No comments: