Thursday, January 28, 2016

Knife Sheath



I got the leather sheath I've been working on to the point I could fit the knife inside.  It has to be a tight fit for this design to keep it from sliding out.  It is too tight on the first try.  It is not easily inserted.  It needs a bit of force to get it in to the point it needs to be.   That's not gonna work with this design very well.  I think you need to be able to slide it in with one hand.  Making it able to do that makes it too loose.  Also when I forced down to check the fit a few times, I eventually pushed it through the leather.   



That sharp point and narrow handle isn't working so well as another I did of this design.  I will have to line t with Kydex to prevent cutting of the leather.  Haven't used that before so will be in some new territory.  I don't know when he needs his knife back, so I will update him and see if he wants me to continue.  Could take another couple weeks.

I need to do some head scratching on this one.

Happy Trails

No comments: