Monday, April 27, 2015

I've Been Slackin'

I am trying to get back into regularly working on leather.  I have been hit a miss over the past few months.  My skills have a eroded a bit with not doing much of it.  That would be the actual carving of the leather for the various designs that might get put on there to dress it up.  It is surprising to see the decline over such a short time.
My arthritic hands are paying the price of no work.  Some of it is due to a lack of motivation.  I also have a small inventory built up that hasn't sold.  I really didn't want to add to the inventory, wasting supplies and money to have it just sit.  Hopefully that will change in the near future.  I do have plans to add to the inventory a few things that I already have supplies for.  Also with Kim adding another resort that will let her sell he wares, things should pick up.  I did finish up a couple projects I had been working on.

This a natural finish wallet with a buffalo hide interior.  I really like these interiors.  They are much nicer and more durable than the previous ones I have used.  I have 3 more with 6 pockets as opposed to the four this one has.  



I really like the distressed look of these interiors.  I haven't been able to figure out how to do that yet.

This is a new size style phone case I am trying out.  This one should fit the larger android phones.



A friend that has his own store in a smaller town on the edge of West Texas asked me about supplying him with some hand made leather knife sheaths.  He sells Case brand knives at his store and wants these sheaths/scabbards to go with them.  We aren't talking big numbers here at all.  Maybe a half dozen.  If the sell well then he may want more in the future.  He says the scabbards will help the knives sell.  These will be very plain utilitarian scabbards for a working man.  An quick fun job for me.  I really like making knife scabbards/sheaths.

I gave him an estimate and then thought that I might barter with him for one of  knives and maybe some ammo.  Not sure he can do that but I will see how he wants to handle it.  This is what he has been getting





Pretty sure I can do him a better job and leave him some room to make some money too.


We have had some pretty interesting weather here.  Threats of dangerous thunderstorms, heavy rain, lightning, hail and even a random tornado.  Quite a bit of hail has fallen around us but it has missed us and spared my garden.  Last night North Texas had several tornadoes play havoc.  Again just enough rain is falling here that I am not even having to irrigate anything.  This is a blessing after the last 5 years ( it may be more, I lose track) of drought.

Happy Trails

No comments: