Monday, February 12, 2024

4 Weeks

I am up and around a bit more since my fall.  Went to church for the first time in over a month.  That was great and good for my outlook.  Didn't try to make the entire 3 hours, figured that would be way too much for my ribs to tolerate.  The pews, I find, are much too uncomfortable for me normally and certainly would be with a bunch of hurt ribs.  I was able to tolerate the main service pretty well.

While I was in the hospital 'K' was running the show by herself.  Her CRV started dying on her
at every stop light.  It had been running a little rough for awhile and we ignored it.  She didn't even bother me with it.  I guess being in so much pain she knew I couldn't try to work on it and it would just worry me.  So she managed to get it to a garage and get it fixed up.  It wasn't cheap but now it runs like a new car.  While it was there I told her to have them replace the spark plugs that I had tried to do once but passed on when I saw how Honda does them.  Probably spent about half what the car costs but it's paid for and we can keep on driving it without adding a new car expense.  We were looking at a Tacoma until we saw that the dealers are adding 5k to the sticker price.  NOPE!  I can't imagine anyone would pay that.  

I may try to cut the grass in the back yard this week.  The winter grasses (weeds) have exploded with all the rain we have had and it looks pretty nasty.  We almost can't see the dogs when they are out there LOL.  I don't anticipate any trouble doing that with my ribs, they are doing pretty well.  

I don't have much else.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad you're recovering, and yes, Hondas are a PITA to work on!!!