Monday, September 25, 2023

Hot Still

This comes a little later than I intended to post this morning.  I took my sweetie out for tacos/breakfast this morning.  I get tacos she gets a full Mexican breakfast plate of which may vary with her.  Chiliquiles this morning.  It was pretty great so that will always take precedence.

I see that other parts of the country are getting some Autumn weather.  All we are getting is Hotumn.  But 98/99 is better than the 102/105, until it gets as humid as it has been the last few weeks.  Apparently there were stroms in the area last night.  We got a lot of lightning and barely any rain sadly.  The cloud cover is hanging tough and should keep temps down but it is so very humid, about 80%.  That road trip we are planning is getting closer and it will definately be cooler there.  It can't  come soon enough.  Sadly this will take the place of our Bluegrass Festival trip we like to go to.  Some really great stars that we will be sad to miss.  But hope to have an even greater time with family.

'K' has headed out to get the Granddaughter to stay a couple nights.  She will leave early as 'K' has a couple Doctor appointments she needs to get completed.  

Sadly another one of my coworkers passed away Sunday morning.  Lost his battle with cancer.  I had just found out a week earlier he was having these issues.  There have been several over the last couple years that came as a surprise.  But this one hits harder.  I had a lot of respect for him.  I was trying to count up the number that have passed since I worked with that particular group.  11 that I know of out of the original 21+/-.  Most of us were all within a couple years of age except the bosses and secretary.  Only one of the original supervisors still survive and he is not well.  Most of the  others passed fairly early in years.  More than should have.  Not being in touch with them, these things come as a surprise most times.  I do have one or two that will let me know about things like that.  Or an email will go out from the retirees group.  Fortunately I have good memories of this one.  

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Sorry to hear that. And enjoy the time with the grand!