Monday, October 29, 2018

Bust

K's show did not go well at all, didn't even make her fee back which wasn't very much at all.  Oh well, that happens on occasion. She had only one sale and one other that turned away since she no longer has the credit card swiper for her phone.  She let the one she had expire since she had no prospects of more work and it cost way too much to get it activated again for a one time show.  So there was no real loss there as the lost sale would not have covered that expense.  She did get several folks that told her they would contact her after the show but that rarely ever pans out.  Disappointing for her since she had spent so much time getting ready for the show making new items.  Funny thing she tells me is that my leather holsters always draw a lot of attention, more than anything else, yet they rarely ever sale.  Part of that is those folks don't have their pistol or revolver with them or can't bring it out at the show to try it out.  We offer to let them take it to their room or wherever to try it out for fit (without a deposit) yet they never accept.  Just tire kickers I suppose.  Although one person I know personally said they would talk to me about making a holster for the gun they have.  He says it is one that is no longer made and he has had trouble finding a holster for it.  I am very curious what it may be.  

Today I will try to get out a clean up more of the tree debris I have laying all over the yard.  There is quite a bit but I won't try to get it all done in one day.  A little at a time is how I plan to do this.  I don't want to hurt anything lol.  Yeah, OK, I admit it, I am very lazy when it comes to this sort of thing.  It's not at the top of my list of fun things to do and when you are retired, fun things are at the top.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

I like to use the term 'gentle moderation' for work... sigh... However, it hardly ever works out, I'm usually asshole and elbows trying to get the stuff I let pile up done... :-(

Randy said...

Old NFO-I am the same way, I hate having things that need to be done (and already started) hanging over my head. However, now that things hurt more I am a little more careful about exacerbating the pains