Wednesday, May 16, 2018

PLUMBING!!!! ARGH!!!

Did I tell you I hate plumbing?  I surrender.  Called a plumber Wednesday morning when I discovered that all my labors have failed.  Leaks.  I can't get them stopped.  Then the cut off valves under the bathroom sinks started leaking.  ARGH!  Nothing I tried made it stop.  Called a plumber.  He can't make it until next Wednesday.  He is a one man operation and comes highly recommended.  After I described my situation he says he thinks the lines should be replaced along with the cut off valves, the rubber seals do go bad.  That just didn't occur to me.  However I don't want to tackle the cut off valves.  I have issues getting the water cut off to the house and that is what this will require.

While he is here I will have him look at two other issues I have been putting off.  We have extremely high water pressure, so I will most likely have pressure relief valve installed.  We also have extremely hard water and lime build up is a problem.  We don't have a water softener.  The main cut off valve to the house won't do it's job anymore.  It won't cut off.  I assume the lime has built up so much it keeps it from closing all the way.  I will have him replace that also.  Just get it all addressed at one time.  One simple job has turned into something other than that.  May not be that big of deal but my patience is at an end and I want it done right.  SMH.

K's replacement phone arrived yesterday and seems to be working just fine with no issues like the last one.  So far.  

We will head over to my Mother and Dad's today.  We will take them some leftover BBQ and beans and try to stop obsessing about plumbing.  I hate plumbing.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, I can't get down anymore to do that stuff, so I just pay the man... sigh