Sunday, February 11, 2018

Sunday Morning

Woke up Sunday morning to a biting cold wind and some light rain.  It was miserable to be out in it.  I had no idea it was coming as I had not checked on what the weather folks were predicting.  After several years of very mild winters and a couple in a row of no freezing temps, Mother Nature has made up for it this year.  It could be worse but I am ready for Spring.  By this time in February the last couple years we have experienced some really warm days and a few buds start peeking out from various trees and plants.  Not this year, and there is no indication this will end soon.  However, we will shortly be complaining about how hot it is.  This Texas, it's what we do.

A lot of folks we know have come down with that flu that has the country in its grip.  We try to avoid coming in contact with people and carry hand sanitizer.  We did make church but limited it to just one service instead of our usual two.  K continues to get stronger and stronger post surgery but I think her system is still too vulnerable and a case of flu' for either of us at this point, won't be good.

Thursday afternoon K had her big show and did really well.  She even sold some of my leather.  She did sell the holster I had thought I would keep for my 1911 if it didn't sell.  Oh well, I would not have used it much anyway.  It was a good finish to all the work that went into it, we couldn't expect better for just a 3 hour show.  

Saturday we met up with Son #1 and his family.  Friday was his 40th birthday and his son's (my Grandson) 8th Birthday was Sunday.  We met at a place to eat and enjoyed that for a couple hours.

So now we have a little time on our hands and I am getting itchy feet for day trips etc.  But the weather isn't cooperating.  So we will just hang around here and try to stay out of the way of the flu.  

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Glad to hear the show went well! :-)

Randy said...

thank you sir