Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Catching Up

OK, so this post is going to cover completely differing things, more so than usual.  I found an article that I found interesting.  I think it very well fits the times we live in today.  It regards how to respond during a terrorist attack.  Some of this may seem like common sense and it is. But unless you think about these things or practice them they are useless.  Others know more about this stuff than I do and can probably disagree with some things or expand on it.  I think it needs to be kept as simple as possible.  Keep working on gaining more situational awareness is what I try to do.

So here's the How to survive a terrorist attack.  Please if you have anything to add, please leave it in the comments.  We can all benefit from someone else's experience.

Changing gears...

My bride and I met the surgeon to get the lowdown on my possible surgery for a hernia repair today(Tuesday).  As it turns out he found a second one, smaller, but it's there.  He also found something the original doc didn't see.  Small Gallstones.  He can do all of it at the same time including the gall bladder removal.  He left it up to us as whether we should have any surgery at all and just try to live with it and wait to see if it ever gets bad enough that I can't live with it.  I decided to get it all done at once and get it over with and possibly avoid surgery for it at an older age when it would be harder to recover from it.  No date yet.  I have to wait for his scheduler to call and set it up but he was talking maybe as early as next week.  But I have to get a pre op EKG first and that won't happen until late Wednesday of next week, it's as early as my PCP could get me in.  It will be done laparoscopically which is great for recovery.  Another good thing it is done as outpatient surgery.  No hospital stay.  And even better, no freaking catheter that caused me so much trouble with my prostate surgery.  I was worried about that more than anything since it sent me to the ER.

It could be worse.

Happy Trails

6 comments:

Beaner49 said...

Really like your header picture.
And want a copy to frame and hang in the gun room
Can you give me any info on where I might obtain a copy?

Sgdiaz49@gmail.com

Randy said...

It's called "The Storming of the Alamo, March 6, 1836," by Mark Lemon. I found it in a Facebook Group I stole without permission, https://www.facebook.com/groups/433620486697981/?ref=group_header

Old NFO said...

Two things- One on surviving terrorists, know that all public places have back doors. They will be behind the counters, but in an emergency, those are the best way out. Quick, 'hidden', and dump you out well away from major entrances, were secondary actions may take place.

Second- Agree, get the gallbladder done at the same time. Once they are in there, have them clean up everything they can! :-)

Randy said...

Old NFO-Thanks for you input, had forgotten about the back door thing. Yes, I hope to get this surgery over with ASAP.

Beaner49 said...

Randy,
You have to love eBay.

Took me all of 5 min to locate a signed print. Should take delivery by Nov 30.

Thanks for the quick response, as there was only one signed print left...

Randy said...

great. glad you found it