Friday, May 26, 2017

Catching Up

The wife and I went out to eat the other night at an Italian restaurant we like.  There was this young family sitting near us when we sat down.  They had a little girl less than 2 years old, I don't know, I'm not good at judging those ages.  They had gotten her a bowl of spaghetti.  She was really enjoying that spaghetti, it must have been one of her favorite things to eat.  The parents weren't really paying attention to her and she was just going at it and making all kinds of fun noises.  We couldn't help but laugh and smile at her antics.  however I felt a bit sorry for the restaurant staff once they decided to leave.



When they finally decided to leave, quite a bit more spaghetti fell out of her lap.  I doubt she got as much in her than she did everywhere else.

My Mom has been doing very well since her surgery.  She is making up for lost time with her chattiness.  I have no idea how her jaws and throat aren't sore enough to keep her from talking as much as she is.  We just plan to sit and listen if we see her, can't get a word in at all unless you interrupt her or she asks you a question, and then she will interrupt your answer lol.  Glad and thankful she is doing so well.  This will help her social life that she was to embarrassed by her condition to partake in.

I will try to catch up on some much needed yard work this Saturday.  I have been neglecting much to long.  Of course it is supposed to be about 96* with high humidity.  Kim will be at the resort and she is hoping to be inside due to the heat.  

Hope your weekend is great and don't forget what the holiday is truly about, it's not BarBQ.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Harry Flashman said...

I'm not much for having little kids around me in a restaurant. It aggravates me almost as much as people talking on their cell phone in a restaurant. I guess I am just getting cranky in my old age.

Old NFO said...

That's great news, sir! And I'm hoping they tipped the waitstaff extra for the cleanup... sigh