Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Busy Monday



I went into town for a follow up doctor appointment.  Nothing unusual just the every 6 month diabetic check up.  There will be blood results later this week or next.  I don't expect any surprises.  I did want his opinion on what the Urologist has said he wants to do.  That is to start me back on "T" therapy.  I have been a little leery of returning to this, mainly because of the chance that there still may be cancer asleep somewhere and that this might wake it up.  The trade off is feeling better and have more energy and stamina to do more and handle every day tasks easier.  At this point I am leaning toward trying it out again.  There is a new form that is injected twice a week in the abdomen.  I already do that with insulin and it's no big deal.  Better than that gigantic needle in the butt.

Had a chance to finish up the rest to the 'planned' moves of remaining furniture on Monday.  The heaviest stuff yet.  Kim and I struggled to get it loaded and my son showed up at our house to help unload and then load up for his house.  I think most of what we were needed for in this move is complete.  There may be one or two other items but nothing major.  Best thing is I think we will survive after all, with a lot of help from Motrin.

The trip to my sons house allowed us to visit that In and Out Burger over by him.  I think it's the only one here, so far.  I have heard a lot about it from all those folks that used to live out in california.  It's a pretty good burger although a bit small compared to my favorite Whataburger.  The thing is, they have a secret menu that helps make them better.  They use some sort of sauce on their burgers, looks like thousand island dressing or Mickey D's sauce.  No mustard at all.  I can't hardly eat a burger that has no mustard.  They do have an 'animal style' that is somehow grilled with mustard.  That makes it better than I expected.  Their fries are the worst.  It's OK and I wouldn't turn them down again but it ain't Whataburger.  They have nothing to worry about from them IMO.

Tuesday will be a slack day.  Probably be filled with Motrin after the moving.  Kim is taking a friend in to Ft. Sam for a couple medical procedures.  She may be there most of the day.  So I will be left to my own means. 

Cleaned up my carry firearm the other day.  Had noticed it had a quite a bit of lint on the various areas.  How do you keep yours clean or at least from picking up an inordinate amount of lint?  After oiling it, it seems to collect lint like a magnet.  Since it is a conceal carry it is very susceptible to lint.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Carry guns DO attract lint... I wipe mine down weekly, and clean it monthly. I also try to shoot at least one full mag of rounds through it every month for rotation of carry ammo.

Randy said...

I guess there are no real 'tricks.' just need to be more diligent in the upkeep. Now if my memory to do this will just cooperate.