Friday, August 7, 2015

The Plate is Full

My plate is a bit full these last few days and with a few things I need to get done.  I am trying to get back into working with leather after letting it sit.  Those skills do erode.  Nothing real fancy, some pretty simple things that Kim can use in her business.  Leather cuffs and leather bracelets seem to do pretty well.  You know those paper sleeves you get for your coffee cups at those over priced coffee houses?  I made a few of those out of leather with various designs/images on them.  Have given away some as a promotion and Kim has taken them to the resort with her.  A few have sold there, but invariably a lady will try them on as a wrist cuff or bracelet ignoring the sample with the coffee cup in it lol.  So I will make a few like that with the intent to be a cuff.  They will need a bit of adjustment to fit better than a coffee sleeve would.

She also says the little kids try on the leather bracelets all the time, but they are always too big.  There will be several of those made too.  Already have a couple new ideas in the works that kids may like.  The 'Peace' symbol is very popular with them after all these years.  I don't really like to do those as it evokes some emotions from that time I don't like.

My Ranger has hit 100,000 miles.  I need to have some preventive maintenance done before to much longer.  The radiator needs flushing as the coolant has now hit it's limit along with a transmission fluid change, a regular oil change and the spark plugs could stand to be changed.  They are still the originals.  Probably looking at a chunk of change.  For all of it.  I can get the radiator and transmission done at the place I get the regular oil changed.  I might hold off on spark plugs and look for a deal that will get the wires changed too.  It's running good, I just want it to stay that way for a while.  I used to do all my own vehicle work.  Weekends were spent keeping them running.  We had only junks back then.  I just don't like working on them anymore so someone else will get the work.

I made it known amongst my book of faces friends that I make those coin rings I showed you a few posts ago.  Got a lot of inquiries.  One person brought me a Swiss 2 franc coin.  Now that is a beautiful coin.  She wanted it made into ring for her oldest son so he could have it as a rememberance of their time in Switzerland a few years ago.  So I made this


It's no specific size as she couldn't decide how big to make it since he is only 8 or 9.  I made it between 8.5 and 9 since she had commented that she might wear it.  I may have to find some more of those.  A little harder to make since they are much thicker than our quarters which is my usual medium but they may be worth it due to their uniqueness. 

Lot's of other little bothersome things also but I won't bore you with that.  You're welcome.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

That is purty! :-) And yeah, peace symbols DO have a different meaning for us...